Appointment of Independent Non-Executive Director
Antofagasta plc (the “Company”) announces that the Board of Directors (the “Board”) of the Company has appointed Tracey Kerr as an independent Non-Executive Director with effect from 29 January 2024.
Ms Kerr brings extensive experience in safety, sustainability, operations and exploration in global mining businesses, most recently serving as Group Head of Sustainable Development at Anglo American plc having previously held other senior executive roles at Anglo American plc, Vale S.A. and BHP Group Limited.
Ms Kerr also has strong governance experience in UK-listed companies and currently serves as a Non-Executive Director at Hochschild Mining PLC, a precious metals mining company, Jubilee Metals Group plc, a metals processing company, and multinational engineering group Weir Group PLC. Previously Ms Kerr was a Non-Executive Director at Polymetal International Plc.
Ms Kerr has a BSc Honours Science degree majoring in geophysics from the University of Sydney, Australia, a Masters’ Degree in Economic Geology from the University of Tasmania, Australia, and a Diploma in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors, United Kingdom. She is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and a member of the Institute of Directors.
Mr Jean-Paul Luksic, Chairman of the Company said: “Following a comprehensive, externally facilitated search process, we are delighted that Tracey has accepted our invitation to join the Board. Her technical background, with an emphasis on safety and sustainability matters, and considerable leadership experience will be of great benefit to the Company in the years ahead.
“This appointment will help to position the Board as the Company pivots towards a new phase of growth and sustainability, and will also increase female representation at the Board-level to 45% of Board seats, providing further balance and diversity to the composition of our Board.”
Board Committee Membership Changes
The Company also announces the following changes to the membership of its Committees, with effect from 1 February 2024.
- Tony Jensen has rotated off the Remuneration and Talent Management Committee, and joined the Projects Committee;
- Heather Lawrence has joined the Remuneration and Talent Management Committee; and
- Tracey Kerr has joined the Sustainability and Stakeholder Management Committee.
The members of the Committees are now as follows:
- Nomination and Governance Committee: Jean-Paul Luksic (Chair), Francisca Castro and Tony Jensen;
- Audit and Risk Committee: Tony Jensen (Chair), Francisca Castro and Heather Lawrence;
- Remuneration and Talent Management Committee: Francisca Castro (Chair), Michael Anglin, Eugenia Parot and Heather Lawrence;
- Projects Committee: Michael Anglin (Chair), Ramón Jara, Eugenia Parot, Vivianne Blanlot and Tony Jensen; and
Sustainability and Stakeholder Management Committee: Vivianne Blanlot (Chair), Juan Claro, Ramón Jara, Michael Anglin, Eugenia Parot and Tracey Kerr.
Investors – London
Rosario Orchard email@example.com
Robert Simmons firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone +44 20 7808 0988
Media – London
Carole Cable email@example.com
Telephone +44 20 7404 5959
Media – Santiago
Pablo Orozco firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolina Pica email@example.com
Telephone +56 2 2798 7000
Register on our website to receive our email alerts: