Appointed to the Board 1990
Appointed Chairman 2004
(Non-Executive since 2014)
Over 30 years’ experience with Antofagasta, including responsibility for overseeing development of the Los Pelambres and El Tesoro (Centinela Cathodes) mines.
- Chairman of Consejo Minero, the industry body representing the largest mining companies operating in Chile
- CEO of the Group’s mining division
- Member of the board of Consejo Minero
- Non-Executive Director of Quiñenco SA; and Banco de Chile and Sociedad Matriz SAAM SA, both of which are listed companies in the Quiñenco group
- Member of the governing board of Centro de Estudios Públicos, a Chilean not-for-profit academic foundation
Senior Independent Director
Appointed to the Board 2011
Appointed Senior Independent Director 2016
Chartered accountant, management accountant and economist with over 35 years of strategic and operating experience in the mining industry and corporate finance.
- Senior executive positions within the Anglo American group, including Executive Director Corporate Finance and Head of Strategy and Business Development of De Beers SA
- Director and audit committee chairman of Dominion Diamond Corporation
- Director, senior independent director, nomination committee chairman and audit and risk committee and remuneration committee member of Polymetal International plc
- Director, audit and management engagement committee member of BlackRock World Mining Trust plc
Appointed to the Board 2003
Lawyer with considerable legal and commercial experience in Chile.
- Partner, Jara del Favaro Abogados
- Director of Empresa Nacional del Petróleo ("ENAP")
- Chairman of Fundación Minera Los Pelambres (charitable foundation)
- Director of Fundación Andrónico Luksic A. (charitable foundation)
Ramón sits on the following committee: PC Projects Committee ST Sustainability and Stakeholder Management Committee
Appointed to the Board 2005
Extensive industrial experience in Chile, including an active role representing Chilean industrial interests nationally and internationally.
- Chairman of the Sociedad de Fomento Fabril (Chilean Industrial Council)
- Chairman of the Confederación de la Producción y del Comercio (Chilean Business Confederation)
- Chairman of the Consejo Binacional de Negocios Chile-China (Council for Bilateral Business Chile-China)
- Chairman of Embotelladora Andina SA (Coca Cola) and Energía Coyanco SA
- Director of Empresas Melón and Agrosuper
- Member of the governing board of Centro de Estudios Públicos
- Country adviser, Goldman Sachs
Juan sits on the following committee: ST Sustainability and Stakeholder Management Committee
Andrónico Luksic C.
Appointed to the Board 2013
Extensive experience across a range of business sectors throughout Chile, Latin America and Europe.
- Chairman of Quiñenco SA and of Compañía Cervecerías Unidas SA; Vice Chairman of Banco de Chile and Compañía Sudamericana de Vapores SA, all of which are listed companies in the Quiñenco group
- Director of Nexans SA, a company listed on NYSE Euronext Paris
- Director of la Sociedad de Fomento Fabril (SOFOFA) (Manufacturing Development Company in Chile)
- Member of the International Business Leaders Advisory Council of the Mayor of Shanghai, the International Advisory Council of the Brookings Institution, the International Advisory Board of Barrick Gold Corporation, the Advisory Board of the Panama Canal and the Chairman’s International Advisory Council of the Council of the Americas
Appointed to the Board 2014
Economist with extensive experience across the energy, mining, water and environmental sectors in the public and private sectors in Chile.
- Executive Director of the Comisión Nacional de Medio Ambiente (Environmental Agency in Chile)
- Undersecretary of Comisión Nacional del Energía (National Energy Commission in Chile)
- Minister of Defence for Chile
- Director of Scotiabank Chile
- Member of the Consejo para la Transparencia (Transparency Council), the Chilean body responsible for enforcing transparency in the public sector
- Director of Empresas CMPC SA, a pulp and packaging company listed in Chile
- Director of Colbún SA, an energy company listed in Chile
Vivianne sits on the following committee: ST Sustainability and Stakeholder Management Committee AR Audit and Risk Committee RT Remuneration and Talent Management Committee NG Nomination and Governance Committee
Appointed to the Board 2014
Economist with over 40 years’ experience in the mining, energy and water industries in Chile.
- Co-founder and Executive Director of Copper and Mining Studies (“CESCO”), an independent not-for-profit think tank focused on mining policy issues
- Vice President of Development and later Director of Codelco
- CEO of AMP Chile
- Advisor to the World Bank
- Member of the Global Agenda Council for Responsible Minerals Resource Management at the World Economic Forum
- Director of Edelnor SA, Electroandina SA (now E-CL SA) and Bupa Chile SA
- Member of the Experts Committee for Copper Prices for the Chilean Ministry of Finance
- Director of CESCO
- Director of NextMinerals SA
- Professor of the International Post-Graduate Programme in Mineral Economics at the University of Chile
Appointed to the Board 2016
Commercial engineer with over 25 years’ experience in industry including mining, energy, finance and public/private infrastructure projects in the United States and Chile.
- Executive Vice-President of Strategic Business and Subsidiaries at Codelco
- General Co-ordinator of Concessions at the Chilean Ministry of Public Works
- Various roles within the Chilean Finance Ministry and the World Bank, Washington DC
- Member of the Chilean Pension Funds Risk Classification Committee
- Member of the independent Technical Panel of Chilean Public Works Concessions
- Director of SalfaCorp
- Director of the Fraunhofer Chile Research Foundation
Appointed to the Board 2019
Mining Engineer with over 30 years of experience in base metals including the development, construction and operation of large-scale mining operations in the Americas.
- Vice President Operations and Chief Operating Officer of BHP Base Metals
- Director of EmberClear Corp
- Chairman of SSR Mining Inc
Appointed to the Board 2020
Mining engineer with over 35 years of mining experience in the United States and Chile in operational, financial, business development and management roles.
- Director of Golden Star Resources Limited
- Director and CEO of Royal Gold Inc
- Mine General Manager of the Cortez joint venture in Nevada
- Treasury, business development and a wide range of other operating roles with Placer Dome in the USA and Chile
- Director of Black Hills Corporation
- Director of the University Advisory Board for the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology