Antofagasta Hosts Capital Markets Day Today
Antofagasta will host a virtual Capital Markets Day today at 2pm GMT followed by Q&A.
The event will be hosted by Iván Arriagada, Chief Executive Officer, and will include presentations from Antofagasta's senior management.
Iván Arriagada, CEO, commented, “Antofagasta is a pure play copper producer with high quality assets in Chile, supported by a team that delivers reliably and responsibly through the cycle. Today you will hear from our team as we discuss how we mine and what we are doing to progress the future of mining in a way that is sustainable and delivers value for all our stakeholders. You will also hear about the embedded growth options we have in our portfolio and the levers we have to unlock that growth, in a value-accretive way, over many years to come. We are excited about the future of Antofagasta and invite you to join us today.”
Key highlights to be presented today include:
Responsible and reliable producer creating real social value
- 90% of water used in our operations is expected to be from seawater or recirculated water by 2025
- 100% of our energy requirement in operations is planned to be from renewables by the end of 2022
- Building out new ways of mining using autonomous trucks, remote operating centres and establishing a Digital Academy so our employees can work in a safer and healthier environment
- Strong social commitments, working with our local suppliers and communities
Unlocking embedded growth
- Five-year production to potentially reach approximately 900,000 tonnes of copper by 2026 if the Second Concentrator project at Centinela is approved by the end of 2022
- 18 billion tonnes of mineral resources with 7 billion tonnes in the Centinela mining district and 6 billion tonnes at Los Pelambres
- A proprietary primary sulphide leach technology which, if proved successful, could unlock previously uneconomic tonnes from lower grade chalcopyrite ore
- 2022 capital expenditure guidance will be given in 4Q Production Report, together with mine-by-mine production and cost guidance, once a review of the Los Pelambres Expansion project is finalised
- Expanded capital allocation framework now includes climate change factor
Presentation slides will be available to download from the Antofagasta website at 1.30pm GMT.
If you are unable to attend the webcast, a replay will be available on the Company’s website shortly after the end of the event.
Please register for the event at: https://webcasting.brrmedia.co.uk/broadcast/61a9fbfa504d020773e7e761
Following the presentations, participants are asked to remain on the webcast in listen only mode for the Q&A session. For those investors and/or analysts wishing to ask questions, please use the separate dial-in numbers below to ask your question:
Confirmation Code: 8269020
Location Phone Number
Canada +1 647 794 1825
Chile 123 0020 6712
United Kingdom +44 (0)330 336 9424
United States +1 646-828-8143
North America 800-263-0877
The slides used in the presentation will be available on the Company’s website (www.antofagasta.co.uk) from 1.30pm GMT and the replay of the webcast will be available shortly after the end of the event.
Investors – London
Andrew Lindsay email@example.com
Rosario Orchard firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone +44 20 7808 0988
Media – London
Carole Cable email@example.com
Telephone +44 20 7404 5959
Media – Santiago
Pablo Orozco firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolina Pica email@example.com
Telephone +56 2 2798 7000Download PDF (87KB)